Solid State DC Contactors/Soft Starts for Mill Applications
Solid State DC Contactors are replacements for high voltage mechanical DC contactors and soft starts for series wound and compound wound series motors.
Solid State DC Contactors reduce maintenance, provide current limit protection and better equipment availability.
Voltage: 250 volts DC nominal with 500 volts transient capability.
- Continuous current: 25 amps to 200 amps.
- Current limits: 50 amps to 300 amps.
Horsepower: 5hp to 60hp.
Control Voltage: 48 volts dc to 18 volts DC.
Soft Start Capability: 1 to 15 seconds ramp time.
Start Input: Dry contact or open collector.
Low side switches or high side switches available.
- Current limit protection for the solid state contactor
- Current limit for the motor
- Inrush currents to motors are eliminated.
- High current draws from the supply line are eliminated.
- Thermal protection for the unit and the motor.
- Soft start applications eliminate two contactors, one resistor and a time delay.
- LED indication of a start command.
- LED indication of a fault
- LED indication of "contactor" closed.
- Local "Off, On, Auto" switch facility (user installed switch).
- Packaging: NEMA 1.
- Size: 10 inches high, 8 inches wide, 6 inches deep.
- Compressor Motors
- Blower Motors
- Pump Motors
15 HP HIGH SIDE
25 HP HIGH SIDE
15 HP LOW SIDE
25 HP LOW SIDE
|ALL INFORMATION IS ACCURATE AS PUBLISHED AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE|
SOLID STATE DC CONTACTORS ARE MANUFACTURED SPECIFICALLY FOR EITHER "HIGH SIDE" OR "LOW SIDE" INSTALLATIONS. THE EXAMPLES BELOW SHOW THE POWER CIRCUIT FOR EACH CONFIGURATION. PLEASE BE SURE TO SPECIFY THE CORRECT CONFIGURATION FOR YOUR APPLICATION.